This Spring wreath I made was very inexpensive and so incredibly easy to make.
First things first you will need some supplies:
- A grapevine wreath (any size you like, you can find these at Walmart or Michael's)
- Greenery (Michael's have great options)
- Flowers (Real or Silk, I prefer silk so that they don't need to be replaced)
- Metal wire (preferably floral wire but this was all I had on hand)
Step 1 - Place your greenery on top of your grapevine wreath and adjust how you would like it to look. To attach your greenery to the wreath you are going to thread a piece of wire through the wreath and twisting the two ends of wire together so that your greenery will not fall off of the wreath. Repeat this process until your greenery is completely attached to your wreath. Be mindful of where you are placing the wire, you don't want it to be seen.
Step 2 - Now that your greenery is all attached, it's time to add a little decor. The great thing about wreaths is that they are completely customizable, so you can choose any flowers, ribbons or decor that you prefer. I wanted to keep mine clean and simple looking so I went with white roses and burlap ribbon. You're going to want to cut a piece of wire and tie together all of your flowers so that they create a bunch. I suggest trimming the stems of the flowers to make the flowers a little easier to work with.
Step 3 - Place your flowers where you would like them on the wreath and thread the stems through the wreath. Flip your wreath around so it is showing the back, tie the flower stems to the wreath and secure with wire.
Step 4 - Simply tie a bow using your ribbon, any kind of bow you like and simply thread the wire through the back of the bow and attach to the wreath underneath the flowers.
And that's it! So simple and will only take you around 20 minutes to make! I added up the total of my supplies:
- Grapevine wreath - $4.97 (Walmart)
- Greenery - $12.50 (used Michael's 50% off coupon)
- Flowers - $5.25 (Dollar store)
- Burlap ribbon - $1.25 (Dollar store)
- Metal wire - $1.25 (Dollar store)
I'd say that's a steal, and it wasn't even a lot of work to make. You can easily change the flowers and ribbon to suit the current season. Happy crafting!
Thanks for stopping by,